6 Reasons to Attend Total Impact
We believe that the financial services industry has the tools to solve some of the world's biggest challenges. Total Impact is an event for investment advisors, wealth managers, and investors who want to gain actionable and executable information on impact investment. You are invited to join us. Be a part of the solution to sustainably address the world’s and your neighborhood’s most difficult challenges!
Here are a few of the many reasons not to miss the Total Impact Conference in Philadelphia on April 26-27, 2018.
1. You will learn about impact investing directly from industry experts and leaders.
Total Impact is an initiative of The Good Capital Project and SOCAP developed in partnership with ImpactPHL. Total Impact will bring together impact investing experts, academics, asset managers, product specialists, and thought leaders to equip you with the insights and strategies to integrate impact into investment portfolios. Our exciting array of speakers represent a wide and diverse set of expertise, perspectives, and body of accomplishments. Our notable session speakers and panelists include:
- Jim Sorenson, Chairman of the Sorenson Impact Center
- Bill Crager, President, Envestnet
- Patsy Doerr, Global Head of Corporate Responsibility, Sustainability and Inclusion, Thomson Reuters
- John Grady, President & CEO, PIDC
- Jeff Gitterman, Co-founding Partner, Gitterman Wealth Management
- Sherryl Kuhlman, Managing Director, Wharton Social Impact Initiative
- Jeremy Nowak, Founder, The Reinvestment Fund and former Chairman, Board of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- Daniel Roarty, Chief Investment Officer—Thematic and Sustainable Equities, AllianceBernstein
- David Robinson, NBA Hall of Famer & founder, Admiral Capital Group
- Sister Mary Scullion, Founder, Project HOME
- Brian Trelstad, Partner, Bridges Fund Management
- Greg Shell, Managing Director, Bain Capital
- Many more (see full list here).
2. You’ll take home practical knowledge and executable strategies.
In this conference, we will expand the focus to cover the entire gamut of portfolio construction. This conference is designed to provide the information and tools that investors and advisors need to build portfolios that include impact investments across asset classes. The educational content (see the schedule here) offered at Total Impact will give you the actionable information you’ve been looking for. You will walk away knowing, not only how to talk to your clients about impact investing, but also how to start executing impact portfolios.
3. Investor demand for impact investing is growing. Now is the time to learn.
Financial advisors, if your clients aren’t already asking for socially responsible investments, they soon will. Asset managers everywhere are preparing for a rapidly approaching new paradigm. All signs point to the fact that women and millennials, who are much more likely to ask for investments that bring an environmental or social return, are set to inherit an unprecedented level of private wealth. Now is the time to prepare for the inevitable changes that are coming to the investment industry.
4. Philadelphia is a great city to be in to learn and witness impact investment.
Total Impact will take place in one of the top cities in the United States for social enterprise. Philadelphia is home to B Lab (and home base for the the B Corp movement), The Sustainable Business Network, and the most active local chapter of Investors’ Circle, the world’s largest impact angel network. Read more about the “vibrant, dynamic, and rapidly growing impact economy” in Philadelphia in our recent interview with John Moore, the Executive Chair of ImpactPHL.
5. We’ll offer real examples of what’s working in impact.
Attendees will see impact investing in action that will be instructive to financial advisors and investors. We will hear from practitioners and experts on a variety of ways of creating impact across asset classes, regions, and thematic focus areas.
Closer at home, ImpactPHL will curate examples of scalable, place-based impact opportunities that have been successful in the greater Philadelphia region.
6. You’ll make connections that will strengthen your network of impact.
Total Impact will bring together financial advisors, wealth managers, leading philanthropies, asset managers and investors who share an interest in impact investing. This is an opportunity to join multiple networks and conversations, and to build relationships with professional peers whose values and vision for the future align to your own.
Don’t miss this opportunity.